The user-driven approach followed during the Sentinel-2 for Agriculture project requires that regular contact and interactions are maintained with the user community during the different stages of the project.
The interactions with the involved user organisations, initiated in 2012 through an ESA User Consultation meeting, keep on during the project timeframe in particular through:
- The First User Workshop, held on May 19, 2014 at FAO in Rome;
- The Second User Workshop, hosted by the European Commission in Brussels on November 18, 2015;
- The Third User Workshop, which took place on June 28, 2017, once more in Rome at FAO headquarters.
Beyond these meetings set up to foster exchanges with and collect feedback from the user community, the promotion of the Sen2-Agri system and the capacity building to use it are ensured through:
- A First Training Session held on November 19, 2015 at UCL in Louvain-la-Neuve;
- A Second Training Session held on May 12-14, 2016 as a side event of the LPS 2016 in Prague;
- A Third Training Session which took place on June 29, 2017 at WFP in Rome.
Additional meetings, such as the Czech Agri event, are also organised to ensure the dissemination of the project results and their integration in current monitoring practices.